Pages

Saturday 9 May 2015

Shiro Cosmetics - Smelt of Elderberries


Hello all! Today I have another Shiro lip gloss review for you (no big surprises there!) I mentioned this particular gloss in my Reverie Roundup a couple of months back and promised a full review, however I really have to apologise. When I wrote my Reverie Roundup, Smelt of Elderberries (available exclusively through Femme Fatale Cosmetics) was out of stock. I made a conscious decision to wait until SoE was back in stock before posting this, however Femme Fatale has done their restock and unfortunately it sold out again before I could get my post up. Forgive me, for I have failed you. This restock was supposed to be the final one, but I have it on good authority that if enough of you join the waitlist on the SoE listing on the Femme Fatale website that it might make one final comeback.

Just as a reminder before getting stuck into pics of this awesome gloss, here's what my bare lips look like:


Aaaaaand the gloss:

Taken in shade.

Taken in full sunlight.



Smelt of Elderberries - Shiro Cosmetics (exclusive to Femme Fatale Cosmetics)

Description from the website: Somewhat sheer purpley-rose with an intense violet highlight.

My thoughts: I have so much love for this gloss. In fact, this is the gloss that started my Shiro gloss addiction. Ooops! I would describe it more as a purpley-magenta rather than a purpley-rose, but each to their own, we all see colour differently. That violet highlight is really vibrant in the sunlight, taking this gloss to a whole other level. It's definitely unique to my collection and will be getting a lot of wear, it's the sort of shade that will work all year round.

Application: Super smooth. As with most glosses that come with a doe-foot applicator I tend to find they apply more evenly with a second coat (which is what you see in my photos), but if you're super skilled you can probably get away with applying one coat for a sheerer look.

Packaging: 15ml tube with doe-foot applicator.

Wear time: 1 to 2 hours.

Moisturising: Yes.

Staining: Magenta. This gloss stains beautifully, sometimes I don't bother to reapply once it wears off because the stain is so even.

Bleeding: None.

Scent: None as far as I'm aware. It has a typical gloss smell but it's rather sweet.

Availability: Exclusively through Femme Fatale Cosmetics. As I mentioned earlier it's currently sold out, but join the waitlist if you're interested in a restock and it might make a comeback.

Price: $10.45 AUD.

Would I recommend it: Absolutely!

Thanks for reading!
xx Anthea




No comments:

Post a Comment