Pages

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Mckfresh Nail Attire - Buffy


Hello all! Today I have another nail polish review for you, this time from Aussie brand Mckfresh. Let's get stuck straight into it!

Taken in direct sunlight.

Taken in shade.

Taken in partial sun, and shade.


Buffy - Mckfresh Nail Attire

Description from the website: Buffy is a black based polish with shimmers, flakies and flecks in pinks and coppers. All polishes from this collection (Sunnydale collection) inspired by characters from the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

My thoughts: While I never really got sucked in to the TV series (I think I was just the teeniest bit too young when it first aired), I do know that you need all the polishes from Mckfresh's Sunnydale collection. Buffy is a perfect Autumn/Winter shade, very vampy (haha) but with loads of depth and sparkle from the flakies and glitters. The pinky-red shimmer creates a burgundy appearance which gives the black base a bit of a lift. There's also some sneaky little blue sparks in there that catch in the light.

Application: My swatches show 2 coats with top coat. The first coat goes on somewhat patchy, but a second coat fixes that right up and shows as fully opaque. The transparent patches visible on my nails in the direct sunlight shots aren't visible in real life, but you could always add a 3rd coat if you were concerned.

Packaging: 12ml glass bottle with a wide brush.

Availability: $10 AUD from Mckfresh Nail Attire. May also be available from select stockists.

Would I recommend it: Absolutely.

Thanks for reading!
xx Anthea




No comments:

Post a Comment